Featured in an article on Hacker News
Browsing Hacker News the other morning, I noticed a very cool post covering OS X setup automation. This is interesting to me because I’m always looking for ways improve my
osx-for-hackers.sh script. Well low and behold, after reading a few paragraphs into the article I saw my name referenced! “Cool, someone found my script and liked it” I thought. Little did I know, this post would have quite a few eyeballs on it soon.
Here’s a rundown of some of the things that happened over the next 36 hours of being mentioned:
- The article started low on HN but gained popularity as more people upvoted it
- After an hour, the post was sitting at #1 on the HN front page and proceeded to dominate for the rest of the day
- Around 5pm, it dropped slowly to #15 where it sat on the front page over-night (not 100% sure of..)
- My small mention in the article received a tonne of feedback in the comments about the script I’ve cobbled together
- Alot of the feedback I received was both positive and negative, having to be taken with a grain (or shaker) of salt
- I’m now devoting more time to cleaning the script up and releasing a prompt-heavy version
- At the time of this writing, the script has 760 stars on Github, an increase of 650+
All-in-all, it was an interesting experience! I saw a small spike in views of this site and it was my first exposure on Hacker News.
If you enjoyed this content, please let me know on Twitter!